120 miles of pavement, 20 stages, over 8,000 runners, guests, family members, and support staff. Hot days and cold nights. Blood. Sweat. Pride. Honor.....
That's what the world's most prestigious and unique law enforcement foot race is all about. Starting in Baker, California and ending in Las Vegas, Nevada, law enforcement officers from around the globe battle it out every Spring for the chance of winning the coveted cup trophy.
Count Down Messages
Are you prepared?
Create a check list for yourself including:
- Have you entered your runners on the Runner Registration?
- Are you in the correct Category; Invitational categories require a Non-Sworn to run.
- Review the web site for your Start Time & Category
- Runners – Make sure they read the rules in Chapter 4 – Runners Rules
- Support Personnel – Have their vehicles marked with Team number to identify them when driving along the course.
- Stage 16. Only one vehicle per team. Driver acts as team Catcher delivers #16 runner and picks up # 15.
- Volunteers – Make sure they have their assignment; arrive on time, sign in with the RV Support and sign out when they are End of Watch
- Follow Vehicle – Make sure they it has all the required equipment and in working
- order. Go through the checklist for required items. Read rules in Chapter 5 –Vehicle Rules.
- Have at least one or more of the Follow Vehicle crew attend the briefing on
- Friday night Las Vegas at 6:30 pm. This is an IMPORTANT meeting.
- Team Captains meeting Las Vegas at 7pm.
- Baker Briefing at 0900/1000 Saturday
Flashing Vest Rule: the hours are 1900-0700.
Keep monitoring the web site